What a novel concept!!! Other screens on the market never made sense to us: how do you keep bugs out of your rig when you have to leave the door wide open to either put on or take off the screens, especially in the evening, when the mosquitos are hangry. 🤷🏻♀️🤷🏻♂️
Stay-Put Insect Bug Screensfrom $ 120.00 USD
There's a lot of information covered in this description; hopefully it answers all your questions!
These screens are for E-Series Ford Econoline Vans from 1992 to 2014.
- Side-door screens only fit E-Series vans with Barn Doors (will not work on sliding doors)
- Rear Door Screens fit all E- Series vans
What's So Special About These Screens?
No more "open house" for bugs when you arrive at camp, leave the doors open, settle in for the night, etc.
Nothing is worse than having flies, mosquitos, moths, etc. in your rig, right? It's thee worst when someone (can we say 1derGirl?) is highly allergic to mosquito bites, or when anyone gets bit up or annoyed by bugs.
There are many screens already on the market. So what makes our different? Let us count the ways...
No worries! For the side doors, simply unzip the mesh panels from one or both doors, roll them up and affix to the top of the screen frame. Note: rear screens do not roll up as it’s easy to push them out of the way.
And because the panels affix to the top, no need to find a place to store them when they're up, and when you're finished, unroll the panels and zip back down.
Images of this functionality coming soon.
The screens have tapered edges and rounded corners so they fit super snug in the door frames. They feature a split, large overlapping middle, enabling you to quickly and easily enter or exit, or reach in and grab something. No zippers; it's all hand's free, baby!
The screens also accommodate window trims, and they can be used with the door galley (when the door is closed, the 40-door screen side needs to be pulled up to accommodate the galley).
The frame of the screens is made from brand new, cut-off material used to make Colorado Camper Van (CCV) PopTops. Normally, this cut-off material is discarded in the trash. It's really nice and extremely high-quality, so we're rescuing it from the landfill and using it for the screens.
Every screen we've seen needs to be trashed if there is a hole. Not ours! Simply detach the mesh from the frame and press on the replacement (see images). Easy peasy.
Our screens feature excellent quality, industry-standard fiberglass mesh made from glass yarns coated with a protective vinyl for durability, flexibility, and to reduce rust, corrosion, and staining.
Heading to "no-see-um" land? No problem!
- 18 x 14 weave mesh. This mesh size is used for screen doors and uses a larger-diameter fiber, which means it's stronger, more durable, and spans larger openings than window screen mesh.
- 20 x 20 tightly woven "no-see-um" mesh. Do note 20x20 mesh reduces air circulation and light.
Stay-Put Insect Screens
- How much is your comfort worth? Only you can decide.
- Affixes to door frame with hook and loop (think Velcro) system; no drilling required
- Frames are a light grey color, made from brand new, land-fill rescued, super durable marine-grade fabric that resists water, cracking, fading, mildew, rot, and UV rays. Again, this is the fabric used to make CCV PopTops.
- Sewn with heavy-duty, UV-resistant thread
- Includes all materials needed to install
- Screens designed and hand-crafted by 1derGirl
How To Purchase - Please Read
These screens are made-to-order and only available through pre-paid purchases. To proceed, add the unit(s) to the cart below and check out through the normal process. Our normal shipping times are approx. 21 days after the order is placed, unless otherwise noted. See below for an important delivery notice as of 6/19/22.
If we happen to have units in stock, you will see (below) the actual inventory count and "ready to ship" (vs. backordered), and you can purchase through the normal checkout process. We will ship within a couple days of purchase.
We hope this makes sense and isn't too confusing. If this has left you scratching your head (or your mosquito bites 😆), please reach out with questions.
We strongly encourage you to compare our screens to the competition. Of course, IOHO, there is no comparison. You be the judge.
*** Important Notes ***
- Because of the nature of the fabric, there are puckers along the stitch lines, which you can clearly see in the photos. Unfortunately, this cannot be avoided.
As of JJune 19, 2022: Screens will not be available until the end of October, 2022 at the earliest as 1derGirl will be out of the country until early October. In the meantime,we hope you still order to get in on the queue!
$ 795.00 USD