What a novel concept!!! Other screens on the market never made sense to us: how do you keep bugs out of your rig when you have to leave the door wide open to either put on or take off the screens, especially in the evening, when the mosquitos are hungry. 🤷🏻♀️🤷🏻♂️
Stay-Put Insect Bug Screensfrom $ 100.00 USD
There's a lot of information covered in this description; hopefully it answers all your questions!
These screens are for E-Series Ford Econoline Vans from 1992 to 2014.
- Side-door screens only fit E-Series vans with Barn Doors (will not work on sliding doors)
- Rear Door Screens fit all E- Series vans
Rear door screens are targeted to begin shipping mid-August, 2021, but you can purchase now and be one of the first to get them!
What's So Special About These Screens?
No more "open house" for the bugs when you arrive at camp, leave the doors open, settle in for the night, etc.
Nothing is worse than having bugs and mosquitos in your rig, right? It's thee worst when someone (can we say 1derGirl?) is highly allergic to mosquito bites, or when anyone gets bit up by bugs.
There are many screens already on the market. So what makes our different? Let us count the ways...
The screens have tapered edges and rounded corners so they fit really nicely in the door frames. They feature a split, large overlapping middle, enabling you to quickly and easily enter or exit, or reach in and grab something. No zippers; it's all hand's free, baby!
See product details below for specs and all the goodies you get in the installation kit (see photo).
The screens also accommodate window trims, and they can be used with the door galley (when the door is closed, the 40-door screen side needs to be pulled up to accommodate the galley).
The frame of the screens is made from brand new, cut-off material used to make Colorado Camper Van (CCV) PopTops. Normally, this cut-off material is discarded in the trash. It's really nice and extremely high-quality, so we're rescuing it from the landfill and using it for the screens.
This supple, yet super durable marine-grade fabric is used for PopTops, boat covers and enclosures, and it resists water, cracking, fading, mildew, rot, and UV rays. In other words, it's perfect for long-lasting insect screens that will endure the elements.
Every screen we've seen needs to be trashed if there is a hole. Not ours! Simply detach the mesh from the frame and press on the replacement (see images). Easy peasy.
*** Important Note ***
Because of the nature of the fabric (and the thickness of the UV-resistant thread), there are puckers along the stitch lines, which you can clearly see in the photos. Unfortunately, this cannot be avoided. If a super high-functioning, extremely high quality, durable, environmentally friendly product is your priority, and you don't care about fabric puckers, then these screens are for you!
About the Mesh
Our screens feature excellent quality, industry-standard fiberglass mesh made from glass yarns coated with a protective vinyl for durability, flexibility, and to reduce rust, corrosion, and staining.
Heading to "no-see-um" land? No problem!
- 18 x 14 weave mesh. This mesh size is used for screen doors and uses a larger-diameter fiber, which means it's stronger, more durable, and spans larger openings than window screen mesh.
- 20 x 20 tightly woven "no-see-um" mesh. Do note 20x20 mesh reduces air circulation and light.
Stay-Put Insect Screens
- How much is your comfort worth? Only you can decide.
- Affixes to door frame with hook and loop (think Velcro) system; no drilling required
- Frames are a light grey color, made from brand new, land-fill rescued, marine-grade fabric that resists water, cracking, fading, mildew, rot, and UV rays. Beige is available in limited quantities. Please reach out for more info on beige.
- Sewn with heavy-duty, UV-resistant thread
- Mesh edging (see images) made from a highly durable, vinyl-laminated polyester material that's mildew / abrasion / UV-resistant, waterproof, and easy to clean.
- Includes an installation kit containing:
- 15 feet of high-quality adhesive hook (think Velcro) to go around the door cavity
- Four YKK SNADs™ (snap stud pads) with VHB adhesive backing
- One ampule of 3M™ Tape Primer 94 Adhesive Promoter to provide extra SNAD adhesion (beyond the VHB) to four areas of the door frame.
- Four metal discs (with VHB adhesive) to receive the magnets
- Screens designed and hand-crafted by 1derGirl, who has years of experience as a product designer, upholsterer, and designer and manufacturer of garment accessories for skiing and snowboarding.
How To Purchase - Please Read
These screens are made-to-order (again, handcrafted by 1derGirl) and only available through pre-paid purchases. If you wish to proceed, add the unit(s) to the cart below and check out through the normal process; we ship approximately 7 - 10 days after the order is placed, unless otherwise noted.
If we happen to have units in stock, you will see (below) the actual inventory count and "ready to ship" (vs. backordered), and you can purchase through the normal checkout process. We will ship within a couple days of purchase.
Rear door screens are coming soon, with estimated availability in mid-August.
For Local Pickup (San Francisco Only):
We offer local pickup only in San Francisco. You will need to purchase as described above; the only differences are: a) shipping charges will not be added or charged if you select this option, and b) there is a $5 will-call fee — for each set — due at the time of pickup. Pre-payment, inventory status and timelines are the same, whether the order is shipped or will-called.
We hope this makes sense and isn't too confusing! If this has left you scratching your head (or your mosquito bites 😆), please reach out with questions.
We strongly encourage you to compare our screens to the competition. Of course, IOHO, there is no comparison. You be the judge!
$ 550.00 USD